BankSA Foundation has a proud history of charitable and community support that began in 1941, when staff of the Savings Bank of South Australia (BankSA's predecessor) decided to send comfort parcels to colleagues serving in the armed forces in the Middle East.
Staff agreed to donate part of their salary toward the purchase of items that would provide some comfort to serving staff. These items included socks, coffee, tea, chocolate and copies of local papers.
At the completion of the war and following the return of service men and women, staff of the Bank agreed to continue to provide financial support. Staff decided to assist various returned service leagues and other organisations that were established to support service men, women and their immediate families.
80 years on and the charitable work of the Foundation has broadened, and we are proud to continue to support South Australians and Northern Territorians. Driven by the generosity of BankSA employees through payroll giving and supported by BankSA.